Smokey Eye Makeup LookSaturday, May 08, 2010
Hey everyone! Its been forever since I've been able to write a blog! School has been crazy. I figured I'd get back in gear with a tutorial.
This is a look I've really been loving. It has whites, grays, and black. I used to never wear black liner because I thought it looked weird or harsh with brown eyes and brown hair, but it actually accentuates them and makes them look darker. I think this look works with all eye colors. Its gorgeous with light green and light blue eyes as well. Its great for nighttime, but I think it is light enough for day time too.
So here are the products I used and steps I did for this look:
1. Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Nude
2. Mac Studio Finish Concealer
3. ELF Cool Bronzer
4. Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Peach Satin
6. Coastal Scents 88 Matte palette- gray shimmery color on the outer thirds of the eye and outer thirds of lower lashline (not inner corners) with a Sigma SS239 brush.
7. Sigma eyeshadow in Indian Girl on outer corner with a SS217 brush.
8. Maybelline EyeStudio quad in Sapphire Siren- black color on the outer V winged upwards with an angled SS275 brush, (not extended above the crease) and blended toward the center with a SS224 brush. Also, connect the black color down to the outer part of the lower lashline.
9. Maybelline EyeStudio quad in Sapphire Siren- shimmery white color in the inner corner on top and bottom with a SS252 brush.
10. Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Liner in Blackest Black on the outer top lashline, and winged out using the brush it came with. *I LOVE this gel liner!!!
11. Stila Kajal Liner in Onyx on the waterline, inner corners, and outer lower lashline.
12. Loreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara in Black
13. Carmex Lipbalm
14. MAC creamsheen lipstick in Creme de Nude
Comment if you tried this look or tell me your favorite products for a smokey black eye.
Any future blog request?
*Sorry for the lack of Nail of the Week's. I actually got the whole China Glaze Up and Away collection and have worn most of them, but didn't get pictures of them all. A review on that collection should be coming soon.