VIDEO: How to Start a Youtube Channel - Youtube Advice SeriesSaturday, September 27, 2014
- Make sure you are truly passionate about what you do. You don't have to be a pro makeup artist or high end stylist, but having the drive and passion for what you love is essential to succeeding.
- Create a "brand image" for yourself and your platforms based on your interests and objectives of your channel. This involves creating a channel or blog name and a visual design that goes along with it. It helps to clearly define what your purpose is on your channel. You can always name your channel you own channel your own name as well, but it still helps to have a cohesive theme.
- Always remember to be yourself. Trying to be like everyone else on Youtube won't get you very far. Creativity and uniqueness will ensure you stand out in the vast land of Youtube!
- Design your channel or blog art around your theme. I personally love Photoshop for designing, but there are online banner maker sites that can help you. I also create Youtube banners and do various other designs on my other site, www.glammedupdesigns.com
- Have good video and audio quality. A good digital camera is great to get you started, and there are many affordable ones that film in HD. Lighting kits are not necessary, since natural light in front of a window works great. Always speak clearly and avoid being monotone. A neat and tidy background is a must, and avoid sitting to close or too far from the camera. If you can, try to angle your camera slightly downwards on yourself. Double check to make sure you are in focus and everything is clearly visible.
- Edit out any unnecessary moments in your video. If you are on a PC, it should have came with Windows Live Movie Maker. Mac computers come with iMovie, which is great for editing.
- Create a schedule for the days you will upload videos. A good amount of videos per week is 1-3 in my opinion. Any less than that it will be difficult to establish a returning audience. Uploading too often will prevent subscribers from catching all your videos. Uploading on the same days every week will ensure that everyone knows when to expect a new video.
- Be consistent! This is extremely important. People will not take you seriously if you hardly ever post or disappear for long periods of time. Sticking with it and showing dedication goes a long way!
- Be thorough and fill out your video's title, description, and tags. This will ensure that your video can be found in search results, and also tells the viewer what it is about.
- Create an attractive thumbnail that will prompt people to watch your video. This is most important, because it is the first thing people see even before the title. Picmonkey.com is great for creating interesting thumbnails.
- Practice makes perfect when it comes to being comfortable in front of the camera. Just relax and be yourself, and have fun with it!
-How to Wear Dark Lipstick Makeup Tutorial
♥ YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/GlamMeUp8
♥ DESIGN WEBSITE: http://www.glammedupdesigns.com
♥ TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/GlamMeUp
♥ EMAIL: email@example.com
♥ FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/GlamMeUp8
♥ GOOGLE+: http://plus.google.com/+GenaM
♥ INSTAGRAM: http://www.instagram.com/glammeup
♥ PINTEREST: http://www.pinterest.com/GlamMeUp
♥ My self tanner: http://www.sungoddess.com <--Use code GlamMeUp8 to get 10% off orders!
♥ My teeth whitening kit: http://www.smilebright.info/ <--Use code "kit24" to get it for only $25 (regular $99)