VIDEO: How to Prevent Eyeliner & Mascara from SmudgingMonday, September 14, 2015
Eyeliner and mascara smudging or smearing down your eyes is a common issue many women face with their makeup. Nothing is more frustrating than taking a look at your makeup mid-day and seeing raccoon eyes! I've put together a few tips and tricks I know to keep your eyeliner and mascara from smudging, and make it last all day.
Apply setting powder (or your regular face powder) around your eyes. This is essential especially if you're using concealer, because it not only keeps your concealer from creasing, but it also keeps the area dry. If the area around your eyes is moist in any way, then mascara and eyeliner is likely to smear.
- e.l.f. Under Eye Setting Powder
- Sigma Tapered Highlighter Brush <--Use code "INNOVATINGBEAUTY" for 10% off. Expires 9/30/15.
Use a good quality, waterproof or long-wearing eyeliner. Eyeliners that are super creamy are more likely to smudge. Eyeliners called "kohl" and "kajal" type eyeliners should be avoided if you have issues with smudging. These are very creamy and intended to be smudged, so they should not be used alone as basic eyeliner. Gel and liquid liners are also a great option if they are marked as "long-wearing" or waterproof.
- Covergirl Ink It Eyeliner Pencil
- Studio Gear Invincible Gel Liner <--Use code "GlamMeUp8" for 10% off
- Studio Gear Eyeliner Brush #29 <--Use code "GlamMeUp8" for 10% off
- Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner
Avoid applying liner to the waterline (inner rim) and inner corners. Instead, apply liner right below the lower lashes, and avoid the inner portion. Be sure keep the liner close to the lashes, but not overtop.
Use a cotton swab to blend over the eyeliner. This will help blur the liner so you don't have a harsh line and also absorb any moisture.
Set your eyeliner with an eyeshadow. If I'm wearing eyeshadow I usually just take a little shadow on a pencil brush and go over the lower lash line. You can also use an angled eyeliner brush and a matching matte eyeshadow and lightly dab over the liner. This will help set it in place to prevent smudging.
- Sigma Pencil Brush <--Use code "INNOVATINGBEAUTY" for 10% off. Expires 9/30/15.
- Sedona Lace Small Angled Eyeliner Brush <--Use code "GlamMeUp8" for $4 off
Other related videos:
-Hot Weather Makeup
-Quick Easy Eyeliner Tutorial
♥ Check out my latest video ♥
-12 Common Makeup Mistakes & Tips to Fix Them