VIDEO: How to Repair Damaged Hair & Prevent BreakageWednesday, April 27, 2016
Everyone struggles with damaged hair, whether you have natural curls or pin straight hair! My hair is naturally curly, and very fine (although it may look thick). Therefore, I always am battling breakage, split ends, frizz, and dry hair. I'm sharing my top tips and tricks to get rid of damaged hair, and get healthy shiny locks!
- Get you hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks. This may seem obvious, but it's truly the only way to get rid of split ends completely. Frequent trims leads to your hair growing longer in the long run!
- Avoid heat styling. Another obvious, yet extremely important one. In the video above, I discuss how to learn to love your natural hair! Click here for second day curls videos, and here for easy hairstyles.
- Use a heat protectant when you do heat style. I swear by the Aveda Damage Control spray. I failed to use it once and ended up with a ton of split ends!
- Use a wide tooth comb to detangle. Gently detangling your hair with a comb will prevent breakage! Never brush dry curls.
- Don't sleep with hair up- use SLAPS instead. Sleeping with your hair in a hair tie (or wearing it up daily) will lead to breakage.
- Deep condition weekly. My favorite deep conditioner I've tried is the Aveda Dry Remedy Mask. It penetrates deep into strands to moisturize and prevent frizz.
Click here to see my Top 10 Curly Hair Hacks for more tips!
Check out my latest video: