VIDEO: Creasing Concealer? | Common Makeup ProblemsThursday, May 19, 2016
Today's video is covering my next topic in the problem-solution series, covering common makeup issues people have. I'm sharing my method for preventing your concealer from creasing. This is great if you suffer from dark circles, but want to avoid a cakey look.
Here's a recap of the tips I mentioned in the video:
- Use a primer underneath makeup. I prefer the Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water as a primer and setting spray.
- Cheaper alternative: L'Oreal Infallible Makeup Setting Spray
- Apply foundation first (it helps even more if your foundation is matte and long-wearing), then apply very thin layer of a liquid concealer in a V-shape under your eyes. I love the Urban Decay Naked Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer since it's very thin but yet full coverage.
- Cheaper alternative: NYX HD Concealer
- Blend in your concealer using a Beauty Blender Sponge to absorb any access. Follow up by dabbing your foundation brush over to further blend.
- Cheaper alternative: Real Techniques Foundation Sponge
- Set your concealer using a finely-milled setting powder like the e.l.f. Perfect Finish HD Setting Powder and a Kabuki Brush.
- If using eyeshadow, always apply an eyeshadow primer like the Urban Decay Primer Potion first to prevent creasing
- Cheaper alternative: NYX Proof It Eyeshadow Primer
-Patchy Foundation that Doesn't Last? | Common Makeup Problems