VIDEO: How to Cover Blemishes | Common Makeup ProblemsWednesday, May 25, 2016
My skin is far from perfect, and occasionally I get that random stubborn breakout that seems impossible to cover. Sometimes makeup can make acne look worse, but I'm sharing an effective way to conceal blemishes without looking cakey. This method also helps to get rid of acne, since I incorporate the best spot treatment to dry up pimples.
- Start with a thin moisturizer, like the Paula's Choice Resist Moisturizer
- Get 15% off Paula's Choice: http://bit.ly/15offPaulasChoice
- Apply a very tiny amount of the Mario Badescue Drying Cream. This will help get rid of the blemish while also concealing some. Gently blend it into the skin.
- Apply a face primer, such as the Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water, which will prevent makeup from slipping off.
- Cheaper alternative: L'Oreal Infallible Makeup Setting Spray
- Apply a thin layer of full coverage foundation using stippling motions with the e.l.f Selfie Ready Foundation Brush. The Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation works excellent since dries to a matte finish. The matte finish will help prevent concealer from moving around.
- Set your foundation and concealer with a finely-milled powder, such as the e.l.f. Perfect Finish HD Setting Powder. Apply using gentle blotting motions with an e.l.f. Studio Face Kabuki Brush. Use a light hand to avoid wiping away product.
- Using a concealer that matches your skintone, dab a small amount over and around the blemish with the Coastal Scents pointed brush, The Coastal Scents Camouflage Concealer Palette contains several full coverage concealer shades to custom match to your skin. A little goes a long way!
- Set that layer with a small amount of powder again.
- If the blemish is still showing through, apply a tiny amount of concealer over top, followed by a dab of powder again. Be mindful of layering too much and looking cakey.
- Finish off with the Smashbox Primer Water to set all your makeup.
Check out my latest video:
-Overdone Brows? How to Naturally Fill in Brows