VIDEO: How to Prevent Overdoing Your Brows - Common Makeup Problem SeriesSunday, May 22, 2016
Defined brows are all the rage in the makeup world right now. Everyone's aware how filling them in makes the world of difference in your whole face. However it's very easy to over-fill in your brows if you're not careful.
I'm sharing a couple tips and secrets I use to get a natural full brow and prevent you from getting that permanent marker, drew-on look.
- Start by filling in just the sparse areas with a super skinny brow pencil like the NYX Micro Brow Pencil. Use short "flicking" motions to mimic natural hairs.
- If needed, use an angled brow brush and a brow powder, like the Coastal Scents Eyebrow kit to fill in further. I mostly do this to re-color my brows to match my dyed hair, but you may skip it and use either the pencil or powder alone.
- Again, use an extremely light hand by barely pressing into your brow and avoid re-dipping your brush in the powder.
- Avoid filling in the entire thing, instead leave a small amount of skin showing through especially on the bottom line of your brows.
- Use concealer on a Sigma Concealer Brush to clean up the edges if needed.
- Finish with the NYX Control Freak Eyebrow Gel to set them in place.