VIDEO: Patchy Foundation that Doesn't Last? | Common Makeup Problems SeriesSunday, May 15, 2016
Today I'm kicking off a brand new video series I'm so excited about! This series will feature short and to-the-point videos designed to address common makeup problems, and provide simple solutions.
The first topic is all about how to prevent your foundation from fading, and making sure it is long lasting. I have combination skin, and the oil in my T-zone causes my foundation to look patchy at times. Here's some simple tips to keep it from fading:
- Start with a thin moisturizer like the Paula's Choice Daily Hydrating Fluid. It's moisturizing enough to prevent your skin from compensating with more oil, but is also very lightweight which is ideal for summer. Be sure to let it soak in before applying makeup.
- Use code AMGLAMMEUP15 for 15% off Paula's Choice! Expires 6/9/16.
- Use a primer under foundation to provide a smooth base and prevent oil from forming. I love the Smashbox Primer Water since it acts as a primer and setting spray. You can also use a mattifying silicone primer like the Makeup Forever Step 1 Mattifying Primer.
- Cheaper alternative: NYX Shine Killer Primer
- Apply a thin layer of long-wearing foundation like the Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation. Apply another thin layer just where more coverage is needed. The e.l.f. Selfie Ready Foundation brush ensures foundation is well blended. Beauty Blenders are also great at absorbing excess foundation in areas where it tends to settle.
- Cheaper alternative: Real Techniques Foundation Sponge
- Set your foundation with the e.l.f. Perfect Finish Setting Powder to keep foundation from melting away.
- If needed, finish off makeup with a setting spray like the Smashox Primer Water
-12 Common Makeup Mistakes
-How to Prevent Cakey Makeup
-Hot Weather Makeup
-Flawless Face Routine: Foundation, Contour, Highlight
Check out my latest video:
-Skincare Routine for Clear Summer Skin