VIDEO: How to Get Rid of Large Pores | Common Makeup ProblemsWednesday, July 13, 2016
Dealing with large pores is probably one of the most common makeup problems we all face. having visible pores is practically inevitable, however there are some things you can do to reduce the size and appearance of large pores, with skincare and makeup.
- Exfoliate skin using a PMD device or exfoliating scrub. The PMD works by removing the top surface layer of your skin, making the surface appear smoother. Click here for my Ultimate Facial Routine using the PMD.
- Apply a setting spray such as the Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water to hydrate the skin and prep for makeup.
- Drugstore alternative: L'Oreal Infallible Makeup Setting Spray
- Apply a face primer just to problem areas to help fill in pores, such as the Makeup Forever Step 1 Smoothing Primer.
- Use a foundation with a matte finish, like the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. Avoid foundations with a sheen that are labeled for "dry skin", "illuminating", "age-defying", etc.
- Stipple foundation into skin using the e.l.f. Selfie Ready Foundation Brush. Avoid applying too much, however apply enough to cover the surface. Gradually build coverage as needed.
- After foundation has dried, apply the e.l.f. Perfect Finish HD Setting Powder with a kabuki brush. Gentle press the powder into the skin. The finely-milled texture of this powder and translucent finish helps conceal pores.
- Avoid using shimmery bronzers and blushes. I applied a matte shade from the e.l.f. Blush Palette using the Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour Brush.
- Apply a subtle highlighter such as the e.l.f. Illuminating Palette. Avoid bringing the highlighter down onto the cheeks. Instead, apply in a small C shape on temples.