VIDEO: Winter Beauty Hacks - Home Remedies for Dry Skin & HairSunday, December 18, 2016
Winter is one of the driest times of the year, and it can be hard on our skin and hair. I've put together 4 beauty hacks to combat chapped lips, frizzy, dull hair, and dry skin under foundation. These all use simple and cheap ingredients that you can easily do at home.
Coconut oil is one of the most effective oils you can use on your hair and body. It can be used in so many different ways, and is especially great for damaged hair and split ends. My naturally curly hair is normally very dry, and can be unmanageable in the winter. When combined with an apple cider vinegar rinse, this treatment will leave your hair shiny, soft, and frizz-free. Here's how to do it:
- Melt organic coconut oil jar in hot water
- Cover hair evenly with it in sections
- Wrap hair in a hot towel or cotton t-shirt and let sit for at least 20 minutes
- Rinse hair in the shower with organic apple cider vinegar
- Shampoo & condition after if needed
- Melt organic coconut oil partially
- Mix with regular or cane sugar
- Using a toothbrush or fingers, buff over lips
- Wipe away, and apply plain coconut oil, Vasaline, or a lip balm
Click here to check out my other hacks, tips, and tricks videos.
Enter my Instagram giveaway to win a Becca Cosmetics Champagne Splits.
Check out my latest video:
-Beauty Blender vs e.l.f. Sponge Comparison Review - DUPE?!